Friday, May 23, 2008

Mimi's Coffeecake goes International!

My dad has been here with us this week. Because this is the end of the school year, my mom had to stay home and finish up the year with her second graders. We emailed a list of things for dad to bring with us, and he came through with everything, including my Mimi's coffeecakes.

I have lots of memories of baking with my Mimi during the weeks that we stayed with she and my granddad each summer while I was growing up. Specifically, I remember making lots of coffeecakes - and eating them too!

So in the picture below, you see Lee and I attacking one large piece of coffeecake - what you can't get a good idea of is how great that sweet bread with lots of gooey sour cream, sugar & cinnamon mix on top is!

So thanks, Mimi, for sending 3 excellent coffeecakes.

If you happen to be in the central Texas area and run into my Mimi - maybe you'll be lucky enough to get to try this delightful treat!!

1 comment:

Dre Legit said...

Stac! :o)

Just wanted to tell you I love you. :o)